Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Feeling Better, but

Went to chorale practice Monday night in Mebane for the May 10th concert:

Caught a ride to and from Mebane since I can't drive and take Percocet.
Sang some high notes and felt a tickle on my chest.
After getting home saw a little blood on my t-shirt.
A little drainage started happening so the doctors at UNC CH wanted to take a look.
The wife drove me down today and after a poke and a good squeeze (ouch) all was pronounced good to go.
I plan to take the practice Monday ( dress rehersal ) a little easier and save the gusto high notes for the actual performance on Tuesday night. There is a place in Mozart's Requiem, No 7. Lacrymosa, where the basses come in strong, like blow your hair back strong. (FF) Of course, I take that as a queue not to hold back and hit it hard.

This is good stuff. Come see us Tuesday night. The men will be in black tuxedos and the ladies will be in black dress, formal. Y'all can come as you are and as you will.

I feel fine. Just have to get the stitches out and clearance from the doctor to resume a more active life style.
Even had a fine offer from a friend to come pick me up, load my boat, and take me kayaking. Now that is friendship and I look forward to that day.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

More later,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment